Frequently Asked Questions
Find our most frequently asked questions and answers below! If you don’t see your question here, please feel free to reach out to us directly, and we will be sure to get back to you.
What is MD1?
- MD1 is the first of its kind 501(c)(3) charity focused solely on bringing doctors to the site of emergency situations for patients who cannot get to the hospital.
- Our specially trained ER physicians work as part of a team of highly trained emergency response personnel with expertise to treat the most critical patients.
When will MD1 respond to an incident?
Two criteria exist for First Responders, Police, EMTs, and Fire to request MD1:
- Entrapment or delay in transportation
- Mass casualty incident
What are MD1's Medical Capabilities?
MD1 is a 24/7 Physician Response Unit with Full Surgical and Medical Capabilities.
- MD1 maintains 6 units that stay with EMS physicians who are available 24/7
- Capabilities include but are not limited to: blood work, ultrasound, transesophageal echocardiogram, suturing, antibiotics, over 60 medications, surgical equipment and procedures, cardiac monitoring, central lines, whole blood, and invasive catheters
- Every physician response vehicle is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment costing millions of dollars provided thorugh our partners’ generous donations.
Where is MD1 located?
The MD1 Program is based in New Jersey but will go into neighboring states on ground units.
- Will respond via private request throughout New York and Pennsylvania or anywhere in the world via medical planes
What is the cost of using MD1?
MD1 will respond anywhere at any time for serious emergencies at NO CHARGE TO PATIENTS.
- As a charitable medical organization, all expertise and care is rendered without a patient ever receiving a bill.
- This is only possible with the generous donations and continued support of MD1 partners
What sets MD1 apart?
MD1 provides medical care similar to the European model where definitive medical care begins at the location of the patient when time or the ability does not exist to bring patients to the hospital.
- MD1 is the founding organization that is bringing this model to North America – an opportunity for physicians and partners to get on board with something new and exciting in the medical community
- MD1 is an opportunity for professional growth and development.
How many lives does MD1 save?
MD1 saves more lives!
- MD1 responds to emergencies approximately 30 times per week
- We save 41 lives per year, per vehicle.
- Over 300 patients have improved medical outcomes per year, per vehicle
Every MD1 partnership results in more lives saved!