What We Do
What We Do
MD1 has active Ground Response, Air Medical, Event Medicine, Medical Direction, and COVID-19 Response Teams.
The MD1 ground response unit is made up of a team of EMS doctors who are specially trained to treat patients outside of the hospital. MD1 Docs operate emergency response vehicles and are called to emergencies by police, fire, and EMS personnel when patients are unable to be transported to a hospital in a timely manner.
For example, MD1 responds to:
- Motor vehicle collisions where the patient is trapped in a car (entrapments)
- Mass casualty incidents (MCIs) where multiple patients are injured at one time, overwhelming local EMS resources who are unable to transport everyone to the hospital at one time
- Other instances in which a patient needs treatment outside the hospital
Our Emergency Response Vehicles are:
- Full emergency departments / operating rooms on wheels
- Equipped with advanced medications and equipment which are not available to other first responders
MD1’s Ground Response Team is specially trained and experienced to treat patients outside of the hospital.
MD1 Docs Work WITH First Responders:
MD1’s ground response team works alongside police officers, firefighters, EMTs, and paramedics to provide the best level of care possible to patients. Our end goal is to work together as a team to improve patient outcomes.
If you are a first responder and would like to partner with MD1, please contact [email protected].